We will use our best endeavours so that orders placed before 12th December are delivered before Christmas.

Coal Hut

Basket

£0.00

Appliance Maintenance

Proper maintenance of your appliance will save on fuel and money. Most importantly, it will keep you and your family safe!

Coal Hut Maintenance

General Do’s and Dont's

  • It is never a good idea to store large amounts of fuel such as wood next to an open fire or stove. When your fire is lit, always use a close mesh spark guard with an open fire or keep the stove door closed to prevent sparks from escaping.
  • When you receive your product from the CoalHut.com, it will be bagged or packaged to offer some protection from the elements. It is always best to wherever possible, store your fuel in a sheltered dry place such as a coal house or bunker. This could be the difference between a damp squib and a warm welcoming fire.
  • If you ever have any doubts over the right fuel for your appliance, check with the appliance manufacturer or send us a message through our contact page.
  • We recommend that you have smoke and carbon monoxide alarms situated in appropriate areas around your home.
  • Having your chimney swept regularly isn’t an extravagance but rather it’s a necessity! Keeping your chimney clean will minimise the risk from a chimney fire and will also help to protect you against dangerous gasses such as carbon monoxide. The frequency of your chimney sweep will depend on the type of appliance that you have and the fuels that you are using.

Warning signs of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

It’s very important that you have an understanding of the signs and symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning as it can be fatal and it is very hard to detect because it is a colourless, tasteless, odourless gas that is non-irritating.

Carbon Monoxide (CO) is a poisonous gas which is given off when burning solid fuel. In normal circumstances, the CO gas passes harmlessly out the top of the chimney, however if the chimney is blocked or leaky or if your appliance is faulty or if the ventilation is inadequate, CO gas may enter your property. It is therefore important that you take steps to remove the risk to you and your family.

For more information, please check out the following links:

Save

Save

Save

Save

Save

Save